Our usual Scope of Work, as commercial kitchen planners, follows the Royal Institute of British Architects stage sequence:
CONCEPT AND SCHEMATIC DESIGN
- Assist in the preparation of a design brief.
- Advise on space allocation, flows (especially clean and dirty circuits), and area inter-relationships.
- Produce block planning of food and beverage areas.
- Provide equipment schedules with M&E services requirements and budget costings.
- Production of itemised equipment layouts.
- Prepare elevation and M&E services termination drawings.
- Compilation of equipment specification.
- Issuing the kitchen consultant's design package to specialist fit out contractors for pricing.
- Evaluating bids and assisting the Client with contract placement.
More recently our services have also included:
- Approvals including fabrication drawings and factory & site visits.
- Witnessing of commissioning and handover.
- Laundry & Housekeeping design within hotel properties.
- Layout design templates for chain operators.
- Existing catering equipment audits.